Privacy is Important to ScreenVue.
When you provide us with personal data or use our websites, you agree to be bound by this policy which we may update from time to time.
Our Privacy Principles
- We will only collect personal data that is relevant to the services we provide, handle it securely and retain it only as long as necessary.
- We will always ask you for your communication preferences and make it simple to change them.
- We will not sell or give your information to a third-party organization other than our trusted service providers who provide certain secure business functions on our behalf
The information below provides more detail about how we use your data.
- Who We Are
- The Information We Collect
- How and Why We Use Personal Data
- How We Protect Your Personal Data
- Your Personal Data and Service Providers
- Your Personal Data and Marketing
- Google Analytics
- Comment Policy
- Update and Access Your Data: Your Rights and Control
Who We Are
ScreenVue is an international organization headquartered in the United States, with offices around the world. As such, many of our systems and online services are employed globally.
We are strongly committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information and the security of our computer systems and online services.
Concerning the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information, ScreenVue makes every effort to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, including the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the all other local privacy regulations.
The Information We Collect
When you purchase licenses or services from ScreenVue, we will require only the personal information that is necessary for the administration of your account with us.
As a general rule, we do not collect personally-identifying information about you when you visit our websites or online services and we will retain only the information you choose to share with us.
When you sign up for CVLI/ScreenVue’s licenses or services, you may provide some or all of the following:
- Your title, name, email, postal address, and telephone numbers.
- Usernames and passwords that you have chosen to log in to secure ScreenVue services.
When you use our websites and online services we collect:
- Information about the licenses and subscriptions that you purchase from us including your method of payment.
- Information about the pages visited, and links clicked, including the date and time.
- The internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site.
- Information about the devices you have used, including mobile device identifiers, operating system, IP address and type of browser.
When you interact with us through email, social media, surveys or promotions, we may collect:
- Personal data that you freely provide about yourself that is relevant to the nature of the interaction, such as your name, username and email address.
- Details of the emails you open, and links clicked.
- Your comments in forums and feedback from surveys.
If you identify yourself by sending an e-mail containing personal information requesting that we mail information to you, we will use this information solely for responding to such requests and for our records. We may forward your e-mail to other ScreenVue employees who are better able to serve you.
Data obtained from other sources
We may obtain personal data from other legitimate sources, including trusted third-party providers, and use this data to:
Verify and correct the information we hold.
- Send information about license renewal and account management.
- Send marketing communications by post or email.
- Initiate or deliver targeted content via online advertising and social media.
How And Why We Use Personal Data
ScreenVue will only collect and retain data that is required to administer your account or improve your experience; and we will provide you with information that we believe is important, in your interest to know, or that you have permitted us to send.
We use your data in the following ways:
To make our services available to you
- Ensuring that the administration of your account is simple and secure.
- Enabling us to provide the services you require and to process orders and refunds efficiently.
- Enabling us to provide support and respond to inquiries quickly and accurately.
- Where ScreenVue acts as an agent for other rightsholder organizations and you hold one of their licenses, we may be required to share your data with them.
To improve the way we operate and communicate
- The data we hold about you enables us to improve our internal systems and our range of services.
- By monitoring the use of our services, we can detect and prevent misuse and fraud and ensure that they can be accessed safely and securely.
- We use web technologies such as cookies to improve the way our websites and online services work. Some cookies are necessary and, if disabled, will limit functionality and affect your user experience.
- We use tools like Google Analytics to help us understand our users’ experience (e.g., how much time they spend on web pages, which links they choose, what they do and don’t like, etc.).
- User feedback helps us build and maintain our services, determine technical design specifications and monitor system performance.
To ensure our communications are relevant and valuable
- Interactions and browsing behavior help us understand you better and determine what is of most and least interest, meaning we can personalize our services, marketing communications, and promotions and measure their effectiveness.
- We’re committed to respecting your marketing preferences and making it easy to change them.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to ScreenVue, LLC. However, ScreenVue is unable to issue and administer copyright licenses, services and agreements without it.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
ScreenVue takes the protection of your data very seriously.
- We use firewalls and data encryption to protect data that is stored electronically, and we take appropriate measures to ensure that our buildings and any files we store physically are secure.
- Whenever we collect or disclose personal data, we employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to ensure its safety. Consequently, we may ask you for proof of identity before we can disclose personal information to you.
- We encrypt all data that is transferred electronically using the industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- When your data is transferred, stored or processed in a different country, we employ appropriate measures to ensure that your data remains secure.
We cannot guarantee the security of any email provider or online service which is not managed by us, and which you use to transfer data to us.
Your Personal Data and Service Providers
ScreenVue works with reputable service providers who may process your data to perform business functions on our behalf. These include Google Analytics, MailChimp/Mandrill, SurveyGizmo and others.
All such service providers are contractually required to keep your data safe, use it only for the purposes agreed, and delete it when it is no longer required. They have agreed not share it, nor use it for their marketing purposes.
We will never give, sell or share your personal data with any third-party for any purpose other than that referred to above.
Your Personal Data and Marketing
ScreenVue would like to share potentially valuable or interesting information with you and, from time to time, ask for your feedback via online surveys.
- When you provide us with your personal data, either by phone, email or a physical or online form, we will always provide a clear and simple way to confirm your communication preferences.
- We will never assume your consent to receive email marketing. We will only send you marketing emails where you have opted-in to receive them.
- We may give you the opportunity to opt-in to receive different marketing emails based on your interests. An opportunity to unsubscribe from any list will be clearly provided at the bottom of each email.
- We may mail information to you that we believe will be of legitimate interest.
- We will make it simple for you to change your communications preferences, which you can do at any time online, over the phone or by writing to us.
A ‘cookie’ is a file placed on your personal computer’s hard drive by a website.
Cookies store and exchange small pieces of temporary data between a website and a user’s computer which enable a “session” or “dialogue” between the two machines. With the session established, ScreenVue can tailor its responses (i.e., provide you with the information you want) and help you traverse our web pages efficiently and effectively. A session is broken when you exit your browser.
ScreenVue uses “session cookies” — (i.e., temporarily stored cookies in your computer’s memory). Session cookies are normally deleted from a user’s computer when the user logs off the computer, or the user exits the browser.
For security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, our websites also employ systems to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the law.
Comments on articles, blogs and videos can be helpful to other viewers, provided that a spirit of helpfulness is the intent of the person doing the commenting.
We review all comments on ScreenVue’s websites. We reserve the right to edit/delete spam comments, duplicate comments, unsupported accusations, vulgar comments, vile comments, personal attacks of any kind, terms offensive to groups when used in a derogatory manner, and any other comment deemed inappropriate at our discretion.
We reserve the right to ban offenders who post comments under another person’s name, submit an egregious comment or repeatedly submit comments that do not meet our standards.
Update and Access Your Data: Your Rights and Control
As a benefit of using ScreenVue’s services, we provide you with a way to update your information. These features allow you to quickly update your personal information at any time, including your name, email address, and profile image.
If you believe the information that ScreenVue holds about you is incorrect and you are unable to correct it through our ScreenVue Profile service, please contact us, and we will update our records as soon as possible.
You have the right to see the personal data that we hold about you. However, how we deal with such requests, and whether we charge a fair administration fee may differ depending on the law in the country of your residence.
In all cases, if you would like a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please contact us using our GDPR / Data Privacy contact form.
ScreenVue is committed to protecting your personal data and using it only in a manner that is appropriate, fair and transparent. If, however, you have a concern about our use of your data or wish to make a complaint,please contact us using our GDPR / Data Privacy contact form. We will take all reasonable steps to resolve your query or complaint and to do so promptly.