Effective Date: This policy was last updated on May 6, 2010
About this Policy
- This policy covers how ScreenVue treats Personally Identifiable Information that ScreenVue collects and receives, including information related to your past use of ScreenVue products and services. Personally Identifiable Information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, facility name, denomination, congregation size, CCLI or CVLI license numbers, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that ScreenVue does not own or control, or to people that ScreenVue does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- ScreenVue collects Personally Identifiable Information when you register with ScreenVue, when you use ScreenVue products or services, when you visit ScreenVue pages or the pages of certain ScreenVue partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. ScreenVue may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, email address, and zip code. Once you register with ScreenVue and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- ScreenVue automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, ScreenVue cookie information, and the page you request.
- ScreenVue uses information for general business purposes including: to customize the content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, account maintenance, debt collection, and to provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- We require that a user be eighteen years of age or older to submit personally identifiable information. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen. We screen users who wish to provide personal information to prevent users under the age of eighteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of eighteen, we will delete such information from our records. Because we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen, we also do not knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- ScreenVue does not rent, sell, or share Personally Identifiable Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with ScreenVue. These companies may use your personal information to help ScreenVue communicate with you about offers from ScreenVue and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We transfer information about you if ScreenVue is acquired by or merged with another company.
- The links displayed on ScreenVue’s web site are for services developed by people over whom ScreenVue exercises no control. These other sites may place cookies on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information.
Editing Your Account Information and Preferences, or Canceling Your Account
- You can edit your Personally Identifiable Information and other account information by Logging In and selecting the profile link by the LOGOUT button.
- We reserve the right to send ScreenVue members certain communications relating to the ScreenVue service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the newsletters, that are considered part of your ScreenVue account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
- Secure online ordering is important to ScreenVue. ScreenVue utilizes SSL (secure socket layers) to protect your credit card and order information. SSL encrypts all of this data, such as your name and credit card number.
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Despite our efforts to protect your Personally Identifiable information, ScreenVue cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. You transmit all such information at our own risk. However, once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security in our systems.
- We limit access to Personally Identifiable Information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Links to other web sites displayed on the ScreenVue web site are for services developed by people over whom ScreenVue exercises no control. These other sites may place cookies on your computer, collect data, or solicit personal information.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us.